[governance] Mailing list shorthand

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:57:41 EDT 2007

Well done, Milton!!! so, let's add "IST" - "I second that", sometime known
as a "metoo". Guess this will become a CA and a WT.

PS: As pointed out by Milton, those who pay our way through, if we don't get
to these meetings with the free drinks, would you - BS - consider freeing up
the internet for drinks delivery? Otherwise, anybody from CS, please next
time you see Kieran, ask for a drink on my name, I'm sure I already qualify,
having used four of his UN acronyms, plus added a new one.

Rui

On 07/10/2007, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> Kieren:
> This is funny, thanks! In the same spirit, let me propose to add another
> acronym to your list:
>
> APE: Apologia by Paid Employees.
>
> These are recurrent posts by employees of institutions that come under
> criticism on this list, designed to protect and defend the institution
> and/or its policies. Lists that have too many APEs tend to break down after
> a while, as there is an imbalance between the volunteer civil society actors
> who can only sustain these dialogues in their spare time, and the
> professional, well-funded employees who derive their salaries from the taxes
> imposed on the public by the institution they defend.

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa