[governance] For you as an Internet user, what is a "Critical Internet resource"?

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Tue Oct 2 11:26:56 EDT 2007

Then I suppose Paul meat to ask ' what is critical for Internet users'?

A fine question, just not a question focused on critical Internet
resources.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

>>> nne75 at yahoo.com 10/2/2007 10:12 AM >>>
Lee, all

The question was this: for me as an Internet User... what is CIR?
Unless you want to tell people what is critical to their internet use,
you should listen to them.

IMHO, the question should have been: what Internet resource allocation
issues are critical to users all over the world?

In which case, we will be discussing issues that concern all users in
all places.  If you want to pinpoint certain issues and get particular
feedback on them, then go ahead.  Then you will probably know that RIRs,
domain names and others may not make the top list.

Nnenna

Lee McKnight <LMcKnigh at syr.edu> wrote: Veni, Kwasi,

With all due respect, and yeah maybe I'm being pedantic, but we are
talking of definitions after all. You are confounding critical
resources, and critical Internet resources.

Noone's arguing that food, water, shelter, and safety aren't
absolutely
critical, for everyone on earth. But that wasn't the question, was it?

When one gets to power then we can start debating 'critical
information
infrastructure' as the phrase was popularized some years back; but
that
also wasn't Paul's question.  Though we can all agree its further
development, worldwide, is an important objective.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

>>> kboakye1 at yahoo.co.uk 10/2/2007 6:25 AM >>>

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org