[governance] For you as an Internet user, what is a "Critical Internet resource"?

Hakikur Rahman email at hakik.org
Mon Oct 1 00:34:05 EDT 2007

With our eyes from a developing country like Bangladesh, we see
nothing but access as the CIR, though as a user I understand, IPv4/6,
BGP, multi-casting, root-server, etc. are essential elements of CIR.
But, to me if I am not connected at all, what the benefit I will be
obtaining from the Internet. Most of the time, either my ISP's server
remains down or can not resolve DNS, or my dial-in telephone contains
noise to make proper handshake, or my so-called broadband line
remains snapped or their server remains down, or our lone SEA-ME-WE4
connection becomes unavailable. In these perspectives, how to proceed
for an effective infrastructure, a big question always remain.

Thanking you,
Hakik

At 01:14 AM 9/30/2007, Paul Wilson wrote:
>Dear all
>
>this is a question I just posted in a couple of places already, and
>i've had a lot of interesting responses.  I'd appreciate your thoughts as well.
>
>(with apologies and thanks to those who've replied already!)
>
>Thanks
>
>Paul
>
>>For you as an Internet user, what is a "Critical Internet resource"? Can
>>you list your "top three" in this category?
>>
>>There is a lot of talk today about "critical internet resources" but not
>>much agreement on what they are. I'm interested to know what people think
>>is most critcial to their use of the Internet.

>Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC                      <dg at apnic.net>
>http://www.apnic.net                            ph/fx +61 7 3858 3100/99

believed to be clean.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org