Hope springs eternal - Re: [governance] Innovation

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 07:24:52 EST 2007

Karl wrote:  "During the last quarter a mere 63 people
made an average 10 comments each on that list and most
of the notes were on ALAC procedural matters."

The situation is even worse than that... consider this
remark by ICANN director Gaetano:

"To be very honest, I don't see much work ongoing. To
quote only one example, and referring to discussions I
had in LA and Rio, I will mention the Euralo case:
much bandwidth has been used to prepare and hold
elections for a gigantic board, that has hardly ever
met. I am still a member of the Euralo mailing list,
and either I need to trim my mail filters, or not much
has been going on lately."

http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac_atlarge-lists.icann.org/2007q4/002367.html

... and frankly, Roberto is being too kind... The
Euralo Discuss list is a barren wasteland; there have
been no discussions whatsoever in the last three
months, and all prior comments were exclusively on
matters of process (as in, who gets appointed to what
position).

http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss_atlarge-lists.icann.org/

If the Euralo was dissolved tomorrow probably no one
would notice...

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
     governance at lists.cpsr.org