[governance] Innovation

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Nov 28 08:21:29 EST 2007

At 12:27 11/28/2007  +0100, you wrote:
>I agree, but the main problem I see here, Lee, is that this doesn't
>seem fine to everyone. If this was indeed fine, then we could have
>quiet discussions, with any view being expressed, contradicted, etc.
>avoiding caricatures and other "arguments" like: "paranoia",
>"obsession", "prejudice", "lack of knowledge", "parochiality", etc.

Meryem and all,
if it was possible - for at least a moment - for people to think
before they post the message about the following...

a) the whole world is much bigger than the US / West Europe
b) the US is not the center of the Universe, and neither is West Europe
c) there are cultures which are much more vibrant, diverse,
interesting, etc., etc., and they bring people with different minds,
and we all have to be more tolerant

... then we may end up in a positive, constructive discussion.

There is a lot of history on this list, and - choose one - [some]
[most] [all] of us, me included, from time to time get into a
direction, which is discussing the history, instead of thinking about
the future.

So, it would be really good to focus on the positive, constructive
contribution into the discussion. There are some questions being
asked, which remained without answers, because people went into
discussion of the form, not the substance.

Veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org