ALAC issues (was: Re: [governance] Innovation)

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Nov 27 21:08:15 EST 2007

Bret,

almost jumping in, and first of all, as being a long time incumbent
member of ALAC, I am sorry for not taking proper action in time for
your excellent comment on transparency and accountability.
I have no good excuse.

I also appreciate your observation and simple but seemingly
effective suggestion. In fact, most, if not all, of ALSs are
not directly dealing with the ICANN's core policy areas, and
thus may have difficulty in responding timely to the often
complex ICANN issues.

I don't have an easy solution at hand, but I think the issue
presented here is quite important and AtLarge community
(and larger civil society interested in ICANN issues)
should think hard to come up with better solutions.

In a way, a hybrid model of a) and b) may work. I mean,
expand membership of AtLarge, more open to active
individual members so that their inputs would make
good impacts.

izumi

     governance at lists.cpsr.org