[governance] preparing for IGF 2008

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Nov 27 14:23:39 EST 2007

Hi Adam, a few thoughts

I think each theme chosen could have a continual running thread throughout
the conference up until closing sessions - indeed for a lot of people
specializing in say security or access this would allow more in depth
analysis in their chosen areas. If this was done with plenary updates on
specific subjects staggered, people could chose to stay with themes or go
back to overview sessions - or of course chop and change (may not have
explained that well but I could draw it out if necessary)

I also recommend a common break time at lunch for essential networking (in
Rio it was hard to find time for lunch or between sessions).

I don't think there were too many sessions - rather too many clashes between
sessions with similar themes because of the way all sessions on a theme were
to be completed in a time frame before a plenary on the same subject

Ian Peter
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com
www.internetmark2.org
www.nethistory.info