[governance] Innovation

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Tue Nov 27 00:50:45 EST 2007

Karl Auerbach wrote:
> I claim (and firmly believe) that the ALAC is a failure. Disprove me.

This is a fair question. If I had to answer it, I'd say that two
significant contributions of the ALAC are:

(1) the ALAC appointments to the Nominating Committee. The ALAC appoints
5 members of the NomComm, and the Directors and SO appointees from the
NomComm have been, by and large, quite good for ICANN, and,

(2) involvement of new organizations and individuals in ICANN via the
ALS and RALO structures. The recent outreach efforts over the last 18
months have been quite good and resulted in an infusion of new blood
into the ICANN community.

Is that enough to say it's been a "success"? I don't think so, but it
may keep it out of "failure" territory.

          Bret

     governance at lists.cpsr.org