[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon Nov 26 14:25:05 EST 2007

Judith,

Actually, Veni was backing my point which stated the role of
mainstream medias in simply *informing* on the process and the
consequences on the number of *votes* in the country where this
happened, namely Germany w.r.t. to other countries in the same
region. In other words, the point was on capacity building/raising
awareness in the general public on the simple fact that elections
were being held, and how this may influence the participation rate
and thus the election results.

So, the issue is still whether or not a global election to a global
organization like ICANN makes political sense, not whether or not
there were flaws in the at-large elections process in 2000 (as these
flaws are well known and have been extensively documented already).

Meryem

--
Meryem Marzouki - http://www.iris.sgdg.org
IRIS - Imaginons un réseau Internet solidaire

     governance at lists.cpsr.org