[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Nov 21 13:48:12 EST 2007

At 19:28 11/21/2007  +0100, you wrote:

>It has been shown that in countries
>where the mainstream media informed about the process, the
>participation rate was higher by far than in other countries in same
>region with comparable rate of Internet users.

I can confirm that with experience from Europe. An article in a
German magazine was enough to give a huge lead to Andy compared to
other candidates, including all of the East European ones. Also, if I
am not mistaken, for some countries it might have been a matter of
national pride to have their candidate elected. If we think seriously
about it, such elections could take place, only if it is guaranteed
that the countries with smaller number of population will have any
chance to countries with billions of people. Otherwise the results of
the elections will be known in advance.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org