[governance] Reinstate the Vote

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sat Nov 24 11:05:39 EST 2007

>ICANN’s 2000 election struck me as a squandered opportunity. Though so many
>thousands of people registered and voted, there was no followup attempt to
>reconnect them and nurture what might have emerged as a viable online
>community

>I’m not writing to lament the past, however, but to offer thoughts about how
to >structure a useful and enduring medium for online democracy... something
that >would be worthy of such a large community.

Ditto That, I'd add the Movement of the 2000 election did metamorphosis to
create the IcannatLarge.Com & IcannatLarge.Net (which could be considered one
unified group, or two left & right Groups).

Of which many of today's "Old Timers" found a voice and also a platform, most
importantly of which, got them elected into Icann organs. You should give
credit - where credits due, their 'voice' didn't happen on Icann mail-list, the
support at the time came from list, not unlike this list today, wherein a few
of these Voices will go on to be incorporated in to the Icann or IGF
structures.

-

> Does my project sound the like the right direction toward a solution set that
would satisfy the ICANN community?

I wouldn't say "satisfy", but by all means sounds like another approach,
and diversity-is-the-mother-of-invention, so go ahead! put it out there.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org