[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Fri Nov 23 12:23:59 EST 2007

Hi, Jacqueline,

On Nov 23, 2007 12:04 PM, Jacqueline A. Morris <jam at jacquelinemorris.com>
wrote:

> that I and the people I work with at home have a lot of things to do that
> are not at all linked to a global vote in which our concerns will be a
> minority and won't impact our primary issues either.

There's another good proverb on that issue, "he whose belly is full,
believes not him who is fasting."
For some of the Americans the issues about the Internet are related to
something, which some of them believe, is related to power. For the other
Netizens - we care about the price at which we get our Internet connection,
about the freedom of access, freedom of speech, etc.
But some of the Americans, who take so many things for granted, just because
they happen to be born in the USA, we need to just try to educate them about
"the other world".

I say "some of the Americans", because obviously not all of them are like
that (thanks, God!), but it is interesting that those are quite vocal, while
the others stay quiet.

veni