[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:07:49 EST 2007

Just to be clear.

If you review this list's history, every time discussions appear to be going
somewhere useful, someone throws out a personal insult and almost instantly
it descends into name-calling and nonsense.

Perhaps everyone except me thinks this is a terrific way to interact. I
think it's what makes me stop reading comments for another week.

So, if there is a personal insult lobbed at me, even if it comes amid a
bunch of other useful comments - which this email from Danny did, and which
Milton's email yesterday did - then I won't respond.

If people would prefer that I not recognise that a personal attack has been
thrown into discussions as if it was somehow relevant or useful, then I
won't respond with "ad hominem attack" in future but will simply not
respond.

My intention in responding at all is to point out that the message contained
useful comments or ideas but that I won't be responding to them - at least
not while irrelevant abuse is tagged on.

I don't think that's too unreasonable.

You are of course all free to continue to be rude to one another, and about
me, as much as you like.

Kieren