[governance] Randomly selected Nomination Committee

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Thu Nov 22 11:04:28 EST 2007

Dear all,

Please below the result of the random selection process for the 5 CS Nom Com
members. The programme will be run again tomorrow morning in order to
confirm this result.

See below for the details, which was described on-line at
http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag&id=10462&start1=5>
&id=10462&start1=5

The first 5 are:

12.       Ezendu Ariwa (London Metropolitan University)

4.         François Ullman (Ingénieurs du Monde)

18.       Louis Pouzin (Eurolinc)

20.       Ginger Paque (UNA Venezuale, Diplo Foundation)

9.         Delphine Nana (ACSIS)

If some of the five randomly selected members are not available or do not
get back to me, the following volunteers will be contacted (with numbers in
the following order: 16, 10, 22, 13 and 15).

The road map is simple: I’ll contact the 5 nom com members who will now
confirm their involvement by 24 hours, and they would start by establishing
working methods and guidelines / criteria, and then start discussion on
their recommendation to the GAID Secretariat when the list of nominated
candidates is over (i.e. 25 November 2007). I’ll act as not voting
facilitator among the 5 Nom Com members.

Ph

PS: The initial arrangement was that one can be both among the volunteers
and among the nominations. If randomly selected, he/she is highly encourage
to opt for the NomCom rather than for the nomination

---------------------------

Pre-announced Seeds drawn on Wednesday 21 Nov 2007 after final list was
published.

 <http://www.lotto.ie> http://www.lotto.ie/ 15 17 22 25 38 39

 <http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/home/home.do>
http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/home/home.do 06 08 24 25 32 47

 <http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp>
http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp 03 11 13 20 40

Run of the program

[rather:~/tools/rfc3797-process] avri% ./random-order

Type size of pool:

warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.

(or 'exit' to exit) 23

Type number of items to be selected:

(or 'exit' to exit) 10

Approximately 20.2 bits of entropy needed.

Type #1 randomness or 'end' followed by new line.

Up to 16 integers or the word 'float' followed by up

to 16 x.y format reals.

15 17 22 25 38 39

15 17 22 25 38 39

Type #2 randomness or 'end' followed by new line.

Up to 16 integers or the word 'float' followed by up

to 16 x.y format reals.

06 8 24 25 32 47

6 8 24 25 32 47

Type #3 randomness or 'end' followed by new line.

Up to 16 integers or the word 'float' followed by up

to 16 x.y format reals.

03 11 13 20 40

3 11 13 20 40

Type #4 randomness or 'end' followed by new line.

Up to 16 integers or the word 'float' followed by up

to 16 x.y format reals.

end

Key is:

15.17.22.25.38.39./6.8.24.25.32.47./3.11.13.20.40./

index hex value of MD5 div selected

1 6FE0CE0AE3262ABCFCC2F6D93E04B7C0 23 -> 12 <-

2 85903E33C8B4085F3A0A175256F8C6FB 22 -> 4 <-

3 F66F372759A47A1AB1CF57FD18AACAC2 21 -> 18 <-

4 0BF7B41B26268ECB9555D376854E3DF0 20 -> 20 <-

5 D6522F4A4E126F750900DDD8252E1A42 19 -> 9 <-

6 CACED59569100E982E7B2561F13713E0 18 -> 16 <-

7 B8D6012E55EDB4859A195111434DF6D7 17 -> 10 <-

8 2BB554AD464ABC898847E43349AE258E 16 -> 22 <-

9 B35D2430B335BE52113C82478E8AD872 15 -> 13 <-

10 177AADD7EE1D56532C0489B1243628CF 14 -> 15 <-

  _____