[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Nov 21 10:35:10 EST 2007

Milton L Mueller [21/11/07 09:22 -0500]:

>Apparently, your real job is not promoting "public participation" but
>promoting "public participation on terms and conditions that ICANN's
>managers choose." I would encourage you to look into Hong Kong's system of

Like your "project" is "internet governance as defined by you"?

The HK / mainland china equation is not as appropriate an analogy as you
think.. ICANN is hamstrung more by the lack of consensus and conflicting
interests among entrenched groups of stakeholders than anything else ..

You can't blame everything on DoC oversight of ICANN, you know ..

	srs
     governance at lists.cpsr.org