[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Tue Nov 20 23:24:34 EST 2007

At 6:33 PM -0800 11/20/07, Karl Auerbach wrote:

>But there is no evidence that ICANN actually uses those comments in any
>way that amounts to either "open" or "transparent" behavior, and
>certainly not in a way that creates a chain of "accountability".
 ... the main problem, which is that ICANN ignores the public and gives
>great preference to selected industrial groups, remains.

Thank you Karl, this was (and is) precisely my point.

I sent a long-winded reply just earlier, showing how the ICANN procedures
in place now do not formally require incorporation of the substance of
public comments into the substance of ICANN policy decisions, and providing
a comparison with US federal administrative procedures that do.

Dan
     governance at lists.cpsr.org