[governance] Deadline to volunteer in Nom Com is today midnight - more volunteers needed.

Nnenna nne75 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 10:38:20 EST 2007

Add Nnenna

----- Original Message ----
From: CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam <wsis at ngocongo.org>
To: Virtual WSIS CS Plenary Group Space <plenary at wsis-cs.org>; governance at lists.cpsr.org; gov at wsis-gov.org
Cc: CONGO - Philippe Dam <philippe.dam at ngocongo.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:28:12 PM
Subject: [governance] Deadline to volunteer in Nom Com is today midnight - more volunteers needed.

Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Update on the CS self-nomination process for GAID
Strategy Council -  need more volunteers and more candidates

<!--
 _filtered {font-family:Wingdings;panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
 _filtered {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 _filtered {font-family:Verdana;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;color:navy;}
 _filtered {margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;}
div.Section1
	{}
 _filtered {}
 _filtered {margin-left:53.25pt;font-family:Arial;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
-->

Thanks Lisa,

Yes there is on line a
list of volunteers to serve in the NomCom and of self nominations for the CS
membership into the GAID Strategy Council we received so far. The description
of the whole process as previously circulated on this list is available on: http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=news&id=10462.
As you know, the GAID Secretariat announced that 3 to 4 CS seats in the Strategy Council will be
renewed (corresponding to approximately one third of the 10 CS members of the Strategy
Council, composed of a total of 40 members).

-
Volunteers to
serve in the NomCom: We only have
13 volunteers so far and as you know we would need 25 to make the selection completely
random. The deadline for volunteering is
TODAY at 0.00. The random selection process will indeed take place
tomorrow. If we don’t reach this number of 25, we would have to consider
cancelling the whole self nomination process and would not be in a position to submit
a recommendation for the new CS members of the Strategy Council to the GAID
Secretariat.

-
Nominated
candidates for the GAID Strategy Council: I only received so far 4 nominations. We also need much
more to make this process meaningful. Deadline for nominations of candidates is
25 November. Nominations could be
self-candidatures of nominations by others. To nominate through this process, send
to wsis at ngocongo.org the following
information:

Name:

CS Affiliation(s):

Country:

Gender:

Age:

Biographical Statement:

Vision of their specific contribution to the GA Strategy Council:

In parallel to that, one CS
seat of the GAID steering committee
is also going to be open to rotation. The Steering Committee is composed of 10
members, including 2 from civil society. As also previously announced, I am
also trying to mobilize the CS outgoing members of the Strategy Council and the
HL Advisors to make a recommendation to the GAID Secretariat on the CS seat of
the GAID Steering Committee to be renewed. I would come back to you later about
that.

Best,

Philippe