[governance] IP Justice Report on 2007 Internet Governance Forum (IGF)

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:09:40 EST 2007

A wonderful move from you Robin. Kudos
After going through the report at first glance, some caught my
attention and I can be mute.
It is
"the speaker lists will continue to be dominated by older men from
developed countries, who are sent to IGF by large companies and
governments to advocate for their own corporate or national agendas"
I may add that and if some one comes out with a counter view, you hear
them barking in such an intimidating manner as to cow the gullible
ones out of the forum.
My fear is that Internet Governance will now be dominated by corporate
agenda(strategic partner) issues while social (boundary partners)
issues are left unattended.
Someone up there must do something.

Aaron

On 11/20/07, Nnenna <nne75 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks a million Robin for this link.  Been there since hours now.
> It is a great report, especially for those who could not be physically
> absent..
>
> Was good to 'see' you all
>
> Nnenna

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22