[governance] Re: Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Nov 19 15:45:14 EST 2007

At 12:20 11/19/2007  -0800, you wrote:
>Well then, Veni, it seems you have not expressed yourself very clearly.

Could be. Either this, or the opposite. By the way, talking about
politics, I urge you - and everyone else here - to tell me which
other country (besides Bulgaria) has managed to find a way to solve
the political issues around the management of the Internet. In its
broader, and its narrower meaning. What was the role of the civil
society, if any. What are the results of this solution. How this
solution changed the deployment of fast, affordable Internet.

Another argument that domain names are not vital Internet resource:
since 1999 their number in Bulgaria has increased marginally (say,
twice). At the same time the number of users have increased about 35
times. (see http://intgovforum.org/BPP2.php?went=17 )

As for the rest of your mail,  I think that Kieren has given quite a
good, positive response. I have no doubts that he will be attacked in
the usual way, but this does not make his response less valuable; on
the contrary - practice here shows that if there's a personality
attack, then the argument is already lost by the attacker.

Veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org