Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Nov 18 01:55:23 EST 2007

Lee McKnight wrote:

> I didn't say anything about breaking up ICANN, though yeah this string
> started with people dreaming of alternate roots.

There's more wrongheadedness to this thread than just mere fantasizing about
alt roots, I guess. It is turning into a microcosm of just what ALL is wrong
with a lot of the igov scene

* Agenda + ax to grind groups

* Other groups with the vaguest of ideas about the process, backed with
plenty of rhetoric

* Commercial interests pulling in multiple directions

* An elephant in the room so people lack perspective, ignore everything
else, and magnify the elephant to something 10x its actual size

etc etc etc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org