Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sat Nov 17 17:31:20 EST 2007

Lee and all,
you have to also understand that anything developed in the Cold War
time, especially by the military, is considered "bad, bad, bad" and
aimed at the destruction of the good guys (that is, we, in East
Europe). I am sure that today there are serious people, who would
believe that the aim of the Internet is to ruin their life, society,
country. And that's one of the reasons why we actually need more
education and more forums like the IGF; places where opinions and
experience can be exchanged. And that's why I keep on repeating the
Russian sayin, "rabotaet - ne trogaj" (if it's working, don't touch
it), which is different from "if it ain't broken, don't fix it). We
(East) never wanted to fix things; we just knew that if they work, we
should not touch them, as then they tend to break, and then we'll
have to fix them. It is really a small difference, but a big cross
cultural issue.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org