Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sat Nov 17 07:13:14 EST 2007

At 13:19 11/16/2007  -0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>That's strange rhetorics. With such demands (that there is a proof
>something will work before we deploy it), the Internet would never
>have existed.

Actually it was tested for quite a while, before it was open to the
public. And the WWW, if it was created in another country, or in
another company, or by another defence ministry, would have never
been made in the way it was made, and open to the public. It is good
to think about the way the Internet came to the current day, if it
was created by the... let's say the Bulgarian Ministry of Defence. It
would have still been used only by the Ministry of Defence within
their main building in Sofia.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org