[governance] IGP Alert: "Net Neutrality as Global Principle for Internet Governance"

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Nov 13 14:37:58 EST 2007

Taran Rampersad <cnd at knowprose.com> wrote:

> Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > IMO it's equally objectionable if the majority (non-Christians) makes
> > choices which result in making it needlessly difficult for a minority
> > (Christians) to communicate with each other about topics that they
> > consider important.
> >
> You miss the point. If we can safely assume that people are happy with
> their own religions, we can safely assume that religious messages from
> other religions could be considered spam. If, however, there is an
> assumption that people want to be 'saved' from their present religion, I
> suspect there is a deeper problem than technology under discussion here.

Hmm... I'm getting the impression that you and I are simply talking
about two entirely different topics - I'm talking about a problem with
communication between members of the same minority cultural group
being adversely affected by spam-filters that make the spam/ham
determination primarily based on spam/ham decisions of people who
don't belong to that cultural group (and who don't normally see
messages with words like that used by members of that minority
cultural group except in spam), while you're addressing the question
of the definition of spam in the context of inter-cultural
communication.

Greetings,
Norbert.

--