<incom> FW: [governance] APC publication: Multi-stakeholder partnerships in ICTs for development

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:48:44 EST 2007

Michael, Karen,* et al:*

Thank you for sending this in advance, especially for access from
'remoteland', where  we have been discussing out here (e-caucusing on)
social networking aspects of partnering.

Maybe next year *Second Life* banquet's etc.?

I understand DIPLO may be  well on the way with this.

Very best wishes,
LDMF
Dr. L. d. Misek-Falkoff
computing / law /humanities 1960's -
*Respectful Interfaces*, Communications Coordination Committee For the U.N.

----- APC reference: -----
*

"Multi-stakeholder partnerships thrive on ongoing

interaction. *Creating spaces for informal interaction,

coffees, after-meeting drinks, spontaneous

exchanges, "off-topic" online discussions, etc.

play a vital role in stimulating partnerships. A

formal and rigid meeting procedure can stifle the

formation of strong relationships. over time, the

less formal interactions can build camaraderie,

common understanding, friendships and a community

of purpose across different organisations

and individuals."

On 11/12/07, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an extremely useful (if IMHO somewhat rosy) discussion concerning
> Multi-stakeholder partnerships... Congrats to APC for putting this out.
>
> MG

. . .