[governance] IGP Alert: "Net Neutrality as Global Principle for Internet Governance"

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Nov 10 10:11:46 EST 2007

Taran Rampersad wrote:

> The truth is that the Spam problem could be fairly easily addressed -
> it is simply a matter of following the money. The people who own the links
> which appear in commercial spam messages are guilty of funding the spam
> in the first place. Prosecuting them is sensible, but then there is the

I wish it were that easy. Consider, for example, a spammer based in the USA,
but spamming through a botnet operated by someone in the Ukraine, with
servers hosted in china, money / online payment transactions located in the
carribbean etc etc.

> Also consider that domain registrars are still accepting inaccurate
> registration information, so that many of these people easily obfuscate
> their true identities - perhaps even creating a market for credit card
> theft.

If that harebrained opoc idea ever took off (which it wont, as I thought) -
that issue would have been removed, entirely. By making whois data
practically nonexistent.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org