[governance] IGP Alert: "Net Neutrality as Global Principle for Internet Governance"

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:34:27 EST 2007

Thank you and yes about the risks of censoring or not with auto filters
wherever stationed and however purposed, which I probably am reading in
here, but your post helps.  Early in the days of automated concordance
construction we had to decide whether to have "stop words," terms we wanted
to  not go forward to the next stage of processing. I guess they were 'kinda
illegal' in some ontology. But that was not intended to  stop the whole
'expurged'  concordance from being delivered.  Content analysis married with
judgment especially when automated is a 'brave venture' under governance
rubrics ; hope my "thanks" don't themselves halt delivery of this message!

Though but  a brief sidebar here, when you have inclination perhaps you can
enlighten on technical and ethical standards for spam capture (perhaps you
have written on same). I'm told there are some vendors who will sell
"rights" of access to look-see what they trapped and one never did see.
Could be from anywhere. On anything. And all that entailed.

Are there presently  regs so that spam catchers have to either preserve or
delete what they catch?  And either way then what, as to privacy, property,
right to communicate? And access?

For now, back to the education we appreciate having about Net Neutrality.
Its various construances, its possible futures.

LDMF.