[governance] Human Rights and IGF

Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Thu May 31 07:23:29 EDT 2007

With regard to Human Rights and Internet Governance: We had recently a discussion, which included also Andrew McLaughlin from Google, to approach the issue from a new perspective.

Within the WTO Doha Round the ignorance of Intellectual Property Rights is seen as a trade barrier. Countries which want to join the WTO have to guarantee IPRs. The question could be raised whether the ignorance of Human Rights can constitute also a trade barrier?

Wolfgang