[governance] CSTD outcomes

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Tue May 29 07:52:47 EDT 2007

Indeed the initial drafting proposed by El Salvador on Thursday morning was
composed as follows: "Requests the SG to take the necessary actions towards
the implementation on the process of enhanced cooperation for Internet
Governance, as defined in para. 69 to 71 of the Tunis Agenda, and to include
the progress made in the annual report [of the CSTD]". I only have a hard
copy of the initial text.

To answer Wolfgang's previous questions, the CSTD report, decision and
resolution will be looked at by ECOSOC in July, which would might
rubberstamp those texts. Then the ECOSOC final report will go to the GA, but
as a whole so that the specifics will not be looked at by the GA.

Ph