[governance] igc@ igf

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Thu May 24 02:30:09 EDT 2007

McT,

On 5/23/07 5:57 PM, "McTim" <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/23/07, William Drake <drake at hei.unige.ch> wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> What bits do you find objectionable, BTW?
>>

> The bit that adds a second cross cutting theme.

You're opposed to saying that human rights should be an overarching concern
of the IGF?  Huh.

I think Parminder said the suggestion came from Robin, and the 17 assembled
agreed to it easily, probably not imaging it'd be a bone of contention. It
is consistent with stances taken since the caucus was formed in early 2003
and participated in the broader CS coalition that pushed HR as an
overarching concern in all GIS issues in the Geneva Declaration and
thereafter. As such, I'd argue it does meet the Charter requirement that

Anyway, I doubt that anyone in the room really fixed on this one sentence at
the end of a long statement all that much, that it have an impact on the
agenda, or that anyone will think that you are tarred by listserv
association with it.

Best,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org