AW: [governance] bureau

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Tue May 22 11:50:50 EDT 2007

At 16:51 5/22/2007  +0200, KleinwДchter, Wolfgang wrote:
>Good point, Bertrand
>
>this is exactly the difference between top down
>(where you first create a box and fill later
>this box with content, the classical mission
>creep) and bottom up, where you start with an
>issue and create an appropriate organisational
>mechanism around the issue (which makes it much
>easer to end the mechanism if the issue has lost its relevance).

Hm.
That may be used to discuss the creation of the
WSIS, the WGIG, the IGF, and a number of other
entities, which were created in the bottom-up
mechanism, exactly the way you described it.
Without going too much into details, and because
I've witnessed the history of the creation of the
CS Bureau, I'd like to point out that there are
certainly better models than this one.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org