[governance] Re: ICANN RFC on its performance

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon May 14 08:54:56 EDT 2007

At 14:46 5/14/2007  +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>Norbert already said: people have other things to do and must
>prioritize.

Really? They have the time to write in the mailing list, without
expecting anything to happen, except to prove how well they know the
history, but they don't have half of that time, or even less, to
write the very same thing, and submit it through the proper channels.
Perhaps you are right - obviously I have a thick head, and can not
understand this. But here's a good example of what I was talking
about non-native English speakers. What you said above contradicts with this:

>There is little evidence (and, indeed, many
>counter-evidence, for instance from McCarthy and Markovski's postings)
>that spending time writing detailed responses to ICANN is wasting
>time.

Because what you say is, to put it in the positive way, that there's
a lot of evidence that spending time writing detailed response to
ICANN is not wasting time.

I can only imagine how, if you are on the Board, with
audio-recording, this could be interpreted by a lawyer, who may use
this in a case.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org