[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Guru@ITfC guru at itforchange.net
Sun May 13 12:22:19 EDT 2007

Veni,

"The feelings that some people might have about ICANN could be the driving
force behind their actions, but should they?"

Is your support for icann and its efforts completely devoid of the feelings
you have about it? How can it be? People will also base their communications
on their feelings about anything. Feelings are themselves likely to be a
result of assimilated learnings and experiences. Unless you are saying that
some people are the custodians of 'objective facts' and work on the basis of
that only, while others act only on their feelings.

Also while I do agree with you that 'positive comments provide energies for
others to take action', negative comments also have their place. If I see
something wrong happening, I don't see why I should always sugar coat my
response. In this light, always offering your postive experiences in
Bulgaria, (which I am sure is highly commendable work) to every critical
comment is not meaningful !

The more important point is how the person is receiving the feedback. A
person with an open mind would be willing to explore very negative feedback
as well and benefit from it. A closed mind will resent negative feedback,
but then feedback to a closed mind is also quite useless!

Guru