[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG - Yea

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Wed May 9 23:15:17 EDT 2007

If you push a bit further you can muddy the distinction altogether  between 'Internet public policy issues' broadly which is being discussed in one proposed plenary session and 'ICANN and Core Internet resources' which seems to capture nicely both the specific (ICANN) and the range of institutions, some of whom do a fine job without half the grief ICANN gives and gets.

So methinks thou doth protest too much, and want to hide the tree in the forest.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

>>> Mawaki Chango <ki_chango at yahoo.com> 5/9/2007 10:48 PM >>>
Lee,
it's not at all being afraid of anything. if you read that
section, ICANN is mentioned several times, but also the RIRs
which are different legal entities and have their own processes.
And if you push a little bit further, you may even fit in
(between the lines, of course) WIPO which implements a major
ICANN-related/initiated policy regarding core Internet
resources. So I thought ICANN shouldn't be the tree that hides
the forest.

Mawaki

     governance at lists.cpsr.org