[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG - Yea

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Wed May 9 22:58:53 EDT 2007

Mawaki Chango wrote:

> it's not at all being afraid of anything. if you read that
> section, ICANN is mentioned several times, but also the RIRs...

By-the-way, I don't know who here watches the details of IP address policy.

Over at ARIN there is some very good ongoing debated about things like paying
the costs of legacy space (such as the space I got from Jon Postel and not from
the RIRs and thus is outside their contractual framework) and means to induce
the redeployment and recycling of allocated but unused space.

It is very interesting to contrast the vibrancy of these debates, which not
only involve exchanges between interested parties but also exchanges with the
people who will be making the choices, against the processes of other extant
bodies of internet governance.

The lesson for internet governance is that it is possible to do it well.

		--karl--
     governance at lists.cpsr.org