[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG - Yea

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Wed May 9 09:38:50 EDT 2007

No kiss of death -- we will protest! We will not just send the proposal
and wait... I assume we are engaged in disseminating and lobbying for
our positions in our constituencies (and, in some cases, with our
governments as well). In any case, we can negotiate a word replacement
(meaning the same, of course) later on in the actual debate. We can
replace, for example, "ICANN" with "core resources such as the
administration/governance of names, numbers and protocols..." :)

--c.a.

DRAKE William wrote:
> Milton Mueller wrote:
>
>> I fully agree with Carlos, both about delivering it now, and about the
>> title. Thanks, Parminder for putting it together.
>
> Has there been a formal consensus call, and that's what we're responding
> to here?  If so what's the time frame?
>
> I'm a yes on both of the above, although it occurs to me that there was
> never any follow up discussion on Adam's argument that framing #2 in
> terms of ICANN rather than just core resources would be the kiss of
> death mAG-wise.  But as the clock is running down and we have no
> alternative language to consider, I guess we'll just see how it goes,
> assuming the proposal gets through the IGC process.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

Carlos A. Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
http://www.rits.org.br

     governance at lists.cpsr.org