[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue May 8 05:47:23 EDT 2007

> This said, I agree that the four issues that are currently in the draft
> are quite important, so let's not make this bigger than it is: I would
> suggest that we propose these four as additional main sessions, and let
> the AG decide what to do with our suggestion, though I suspect that the
> reply might be "can't you do these as workshops?".
> --
Vittorio

This is in response to your and Bill's email. Can we just write a line or
two of intro that the following are the themes suggested by us for the main
sessions - without qualifying it any further, not saying that they are to
replace existing structures (which some think they shd) or saying that they
are in addition to the existing themes (which is the view of some others).

My suggestion for the intro is

IGC will like the following themes to be addressed in the main sessions at
the IGF, in view of their central importance to the current discourse on IG.

(and we put the four themes as per draft with minor modifications suggested
by some people)

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore