[governance] public consultation for Rio on May 23

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Sat Mar 31 08:11:46 EDT 2007

Hi Karen and Vittorio,

the advisory group is expected to meet afterwards on May 24 and 25. Its
a bit preliminary though since the secretariat needs to get final
confirmation from New York.

As far as the purpose is concerned, my understanding is that the open
consultation in February had more of a stock taking character to find
out what people liked and what they disliked about the Athen's meeting.

As Robin has already reported, the secretariat understood that the
general format was well received. So, the four sessions will most likely
remain, just the order could change.
There also be an open call for workshops again. However, it could be
that the secretariat together with the advisory group also organizes a
few workshops. This hasn't been decided yet and could be a point of
discussion in May.
I think it would be good to take into account the secretariat's paper.
It might address issues the caucus wants to pick up.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org