[governance] Fwd: Conference of the Internet Governance Project 2008

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Tue Mar 27 21:57:38 EDT 2007

So - how should I answer?   I guess they are confusing IGP and IGF. Not
that IGP might not set up a sideshow, or help with giganet ii...but main
thing is getting CS folks settled comfortably and safely  in Rio for IGF
II right.

Is CONGO volunteering to coordinate with the Rio Convention & Visitors
bureau on behalf of cs types, for suitable accommodations and logistics
ie transport?  Any other volunteers?

Or should we just be assiuming the un will worry about us all as much
as it and the Brazilian govt does the official main stage event and
hotel?  : )

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

>>> "Daniella Pedras" <daniellapedras at rcvb.com.br> 3/13/2007 5:13 PM

Dear Dr. McKnight,

The Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau was thrilled and honoured to learn
that the City of Rio de Janeiro will host the IGP Conference in 2008.

The Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau is a private non profit Foundation
that promotes Rio de Janeiro with a membership of about 120 companies in
the tourist industry  (http://www.rioconventionbureau.com.br - select
ABOUT RCVB and CORPORATE MEMBERS and find the member categories).

Rio de Janeiro is a great choice as a location for meetings.  Its
infrastructure includes a perfect airline connection for the whole
world, an international airport with capacity for 520 flights per day,
distant only 20 minutes from main hotels, around 24.000 hotel rooms,
many of  which with convention centers.  And then of course we have the
city itself with its tropical resort atmosphere, curving beaches,
mountains and forests, good weather, wonderful scenery, an active
cultural environment, large choice of restaurants and world class
shopping at competitive prices and a warm and friendly people.

Concerning services if you wish we can put you in contact with our
member suppliers (travel agencies, professional organizers, hotels,
catering, etc.)

Could you inform us name, title and estimative of participants of the
event ? As we have a calendar of events in our web site we would like to
include it..

We are at your disposal for any further information,

Best regards,

Daniella Pedras
Congresses & Events Department
Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau
(55 21) 22 59 61 65
daniellapedras at rcvb.com.brr
www.rcvb.com.br

"Great Cities deserve great events: Pan American games 2007 - Rio de
Janeiro"
     governance at lists.cpsr.org