[governance] FW: [TriumphOfContent] UN Officials Discuss Digital Divide

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:10:37 EST 2007

Hi Ronda and all,

This is a bit of a tailored note, but perhaps some of the content will be of
general interest - therefore I retain the cc: on the message received. Also
because at Commission on Status of Women (men welcome!) at UN/NYC last week
I heard similar queries about topics other than ITC; a general question
about civil society participation especially viz. a viz. "private sector"
(are they both civil society? And who else is?) is certainly "in the air."

It would be interesting indeed to compare the different meetings as to
emphasis; we can expect different patterns according to venues (one
sometimes hear east and west coast of USA called "left and right" coasts) -
and there have been post WSIS Committee events elsewhere as well -
collectively they might be a good sampling of post-Geneva, Tunis, and even
Athens WSIS-related  events in addition to online convenings.

I am interested in some of the same topics as you indicate and I know others
are too and would welcome the conversation.

For fun, but also a real thing, I have an alternative email address and am
slowly working on a history:
linda at 2007ismy50thyearincomputingandIamawoman.com

I post this (above) not to weigh down your e-address book, but to indicate
long standing interest in issues you discuss very eloquently.  As I was at
Geneva, Tunis, Athens, perhaps we can trade observations online or off..

Best wishes, LDMF.

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
For I.D. here *Respectful Interfaces*
The Communications Coordination Committee For the U.N.