[governance] IGF workshop approval criteria

Milton L Mueller mlmuelle at syr.edu
Sun Jun 17 10:52:58 EDT 2007

Just to follow up on this:

-----Original Message-----
From: jeanette at wzb.eu [mailto:governance at lists.cpsr.org]
>> UNESCO's remit is precisely on freedom of expression
>>so Milton was able to get them on board,
>
>Actually it was me who organized the cooperation.

Yes, it was Jeanette who had the contact to a German UNESCO person. The initial contact came in mid-June at the Giganet meeting in Dresden area, It took two months of discussions and back and forth to find the right person in UNESCO, get them to commit, etc.

The point here is that Bill is right that it is difficult and Jeanette is right that it can be done and needs to be done. And I am right that we will need a bit more time to do it.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org