[governance] IGF workshop approval criteria

Michael Leibrandt michael_leibrandt at web.de
Sun Jun 17 06:23:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I have actually the feeling that positions on that questions aren't that fare apart. Do we all agree, that a workshop on a controversial issue with only CS colleagues on the panel and probably only CS people as in the meeting room would be in contradiction with the IGF philosophy of being a multi-stakeholder forum? What we need is cross-constituency discussion, not just an "world exhibition of IG positions". So: If we find PS <and> government people willing to sit on a particular workshop panel we will also be able to let them sponsor the workshop concept by signing the proposal. I don't see any rational for IGF workshops in which other constituencies don't have any interest at all.

Cheers,

Michael, Berlin

     governance at lists.cpsr.org