[governance] Muti-stakeholder Group structure (some ideas)

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sun Jun 10 10:26:34 EDT 2007

On 10 jun 2007, at 15.52, Parminder wrote:

> for some people who struck their neck out to do something for
> pulbic interest.

does this mean that there was a group decision to release the email?
if so, in the spirit of transparency of public groups, would it be
possible to know those who were part of sticking their necks out for
the public interest?  is there email which can be released where this
disclosure was discussed?  if this was not a breach of netiquette but
a proud act of heroic activism, then we should recognize all of the
people who took a chance for the public interest.

> You don’t think it is  a civil society issue ???

question of semantics here.

It has been made a issue by some part of civil society, so in that
respect, yes, it is a civil society issue.

on the other hand, is it one of the important issues that needs to be
discussed in terms of Internet governance for development or policies
for enabling access for all? i don't think so.  does it contribute
toward developing CS initiated multistakeholder workshop proposals
for Rio?  i don't think so.  does it even begin to develop the topics
CS would like to see discussed as part of the Critical Internet
Resources theme that is now on the agenda?  again, i don't think so.

as I said, i see it as tantalizing fluff, kind of like a good story
in the tabloid press - juicy and full of intrigue but signifying
nothing.  but that is just my personal opinion.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org