[governance] The Forum's financial independence

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jun 8 23:11:12 EDT 2007

Sure, Michael, I am completely with you on adhering to basic principles of
public funding of public policy institutions, and the dangers of getting
into dependence on private funding, however liberal and diverse.

I only spoke about it as an immediate imperative to counter some narrow and
sectional interests with deep pockets from getting away with
disproportionate influence on the IGF. And, probably a symbolic resistance
to such efforts.

In as much as even our private funding proposal strengthens the notion of
private funding of public policy institutions, I will rather tone it down as
essentially secondary to the basic principles involved here in the matter of
moves towards, as you say, privatization of public policy.

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore
Tel: (+91-80) 2665 4134, 2653 6890