[governance] IGF workshop proposal

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Thu Jul 19 07:48:03 EDT 2007

Hi

On 7/19/07 12:59 PM, "Adam Peake" <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> Parminder, Vittorio: have you discussed this workshop with Markus
> Kummer, he knows better than anyone who is interested in what, ask
> his advice please.

I did at some length, and then talked with Parminder about it, but the
understanding of the latter hasn't been carried over here.  In any event, I
wouldn't spend more cycles on the co-sponsorship and would again suggest
that if it is to be productive, the ws should concentrate on a systematic
dissection of the agenda's elements in terms of their intent and their
potential functional utility and political/operational viability in the
current context.  Accordingly, I would involve some of the government,
industry, and CS people who framed and agreed to them, e.g. in the WGIG and
if possible, Tunis. Conversely, I think trying to load up the panel with
people who either will not be in a position to speak frankly and/or would
prefer to just forget the mandate and move on as is is less likely to result
in us identifying any bits that can be carried forward.

Best,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org