[governance] IGF workshop proposal

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Thu Jul 19 06:55:07 EDT 2007

Le 19 juil. 07 à 12:43, karen banks a écrit :

> hi parminder
>
> At 11:22 19/07/2007, Parminder wrote:
>
>> > I see it hard that we can get any government to support this
>> workshop,
>> > they might not want to expose themselves on such a delicate
>> issue. But
>> > perhaps we can ask whether the private sector would like to join
>> us.
>>
>> Do you have anyone from the private sector in mind?
>
> i support meryem's suggestion - ask for a rep via BASIS (ICC)

I understand Vittorio was talking about workshop co-sponsors, rather
than panelists.

Regarding co-sponsorship, I insist on the fact that it makes more
sense to have IGC as single proposer, rather than only being able to
gather a list of 2-3, non major and non representative of all
stakeholders, co-sponsors. Otherwise, this would mean that this
workshop is (and is meant) controversial, which is working against
our objectives.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org