[governance] IGF workshop proposal

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Thu Jul 19 06:16:04 EDT 2007

hi

>>I see it hard that we can get any government to support this
>>workshop, they might not want to expose themselves on such a
>>delicate issue. But perhaps we can ask whether the private sector
>>would like to join us.
>
>Yes, it may be difficult for workshop _support_, but less difficult
>for panelists. I suggest that we concentrate our resources and energy
>on ensuring the participation of good panelists, rather than spending
>our efforts on co-sponsors. If any co-sponsor is easy to get, they
>would however be most welcome.

i agree - i think we can quite comfortably be a single proposer - but
have committment from as many stakeholder reps as possible..  and i
think meryem's start is a good one

>- CS: one of the IGC coordinators
>- MAG/Secretariat: Nitin Desai / Markus Kummer (ask Desai first, of  course)
>- Business: ICC rep.
>- Gov: Janis Karklins
>- IGO: ITU rep.
>- (if felt needed, but I don't think it is) Tech: ICANN rep.

- or 'internet' community, isoc for example - i'd also like to see
regional representation is possible (the NRO would be good..)

>The format of the workshop should leave most of the time for
>open  discussion with participants, i.e. 5 mn given to each panelist
>to  open the discussion (assessment / improvement) and then open discussion.

yes

parminder - why not draft something quite simple, by way of
invitation and a brief outline of the workshop and possible 'running
order' - and our key objectives..  and send to representatives of the
stakeholders (once agreed)

and let everyone know all others who have been invited..

karen

     governance at lists.cpsr.org