[governance] IGF still searching for something to govern

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 3 08:46:33 EDT 2007

Burke Hansen writing in The Register on the IGF at the ICANN meeting concludes his article by saying:
"Although this topic looked appetizing on the schedule, it's clear that
the IGF has a lot of work to do if it is to be considered anything more
than a highly vocal yet castrated version of ICANN. Indeed, the IGF
bares an uncanny resemblance to that other impotent, internationalized
and highly vocal institution, the UN General Assembly. That's not to
say that it does not have value - it's just the political equivalent to
a visit to the therapist's office. We all need to get stuff off our
chest from time to time."

Regards,
David

---------
David Goldstein
 address: 4/3 Abbott Street
           COOGEE NSW 2034
           AUSTRALIA
 email: Goldstein_David @yahoo.com.au
 phone: +61 418 228 605 (mobile); +61 2 9665 5773 (home)

"Every time you use fossil fuels, you're adding to the problem. Every time you forgo fossil fuels, you're being part of the solution" - Dr Tim Flannery

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org