Intervention Re: [governance] Caucus at IGF stock taking meeting

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 12:38:42 EST 2007

Dear Parminder, Vittorio,  and All:

Thank you for the opportunity to input to these important discussions.

In terms of present scheduling, I submit here the following, with
appreciation for the openness in regard to all governance matters:

>From the perspectives of *Respectful Interfaces* (Coda: 'Achieving *Dialogue
* While Cherishing *Diversity' ) - *and integrating project and enterprise
models of many sorts -  sustaining the values of *inclusion* across the
board is very important.

The Civil Society Voice along with other constituencies should and shall
with the good efforts of those here be part of all phases and aspects of
Internet and general ICT capacity enlarging:
** R*equirements, *E*quipping, *S*pecifications, *P*lanning, *C*hecking, and
*T*ransfer. *

These Policy-To-Action phases are of course iterative and flexible, to guard
against potential narrowness of unilaterally imposed "finished" end-products
and services based only on rigid or externally conceived "target
audience" marketing strategies.

And thank you again as Representatives and individuals, for the *
inclusiveness* present here.

P.S. As for inclusion in Rio, it is suggested in good cheer that more events
will be open to more people if elevators are not blocked and especially
where there are stairs without rails (though I appreciated that in Athens
the Hotel Staff took some of us with disabilities downstairs through
inner-wall (seeming) routes - 'not uninteresting' side trips in themselves !
).

Best wishes and warm regards, Linda.
Dr. L. D. Misek-Falkoff
*Respectful Interfaces Programme*, Communications Coordination Committee For
the U.N. (NGO).