[governance] Fwd: Statement for the Appeals Team?

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Thu Jan 25 10:09:55 EST 2007

From: Wolfgang Kleinwächter <wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de>
Date: 2007/01/25 23:33
Subject: AW: Statement for the Appeals Team

Wolfgang Kleinwächter

I am a professor for Internet Policy & Regulation at the University of
Aarhus in Denmark since 1998. Before that I had teaching positions at
the University of Leipzig (until 1991), the University of Tampere
(1992/1993) and the American Uniersity in Washington, D.C.
(1993/1995). >From 1995 to 1998 I chaired the Interregional
Information Society Initiative (IRISI) of the European Commission in
Bruessel. Since 1998 I am deeply involved both in in ICANN and WSIS. I
was a member of ICANN´s Membership Advisory Committee (MAC) and the
Membership Information Task Force (MITF) between 1998 and 2000. In
2002 I co-created and co-chaired the Civil Society Internet Governance
Caucus in WSIS. I was a member of the WSIS civil society Bureau (2002
- 2005). >From 2004 to 2005 I was a member of the UN Working Group on
Internet Governance (WGIG). At the moment I am a member of ICANN´s
Nominating Committee (NomCom) and a Special Advsider to the Chair of
the Internet Governance Forum. I am also a member of the Panel of High
Level expoerts of the Global Alliance for iCT & sdevelopment.  I
always worked towards a broader involvement of civil society and NGOs
in global policy development, in particular with regard to the
Internet. I am also a co-fopunder of the Global Internet Governance
Academic network (GIGANET).

Region: Europe

Profession: Academic

Membership affiliation in IGC: As individual

Working Languages: English/ German
     governance at lists.cpsr.org