SV: [governance] Next IGF consultations

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Jan 9 05:56:40 EST 2007

Kicki Nordström ha scritto:
> Dear Vittoria,
>
> May I propose we at least prepare a statement on ICT marginalised
> groups like persons with disabilities, in particular those with
> information and communication  disabilities. There are means for
> providing information and communication, but it is often so expensive
> that it is not reachable for many and exclude almost everyone in
> developing countries! Taking this into account and combined that fact
> with the newly adopted UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with
> Disabilities, which you are very aware of I know, it would serve two
> purposes. 1. To put a focus on those most marginalised in ICT of all
> persons 2. To highlight States responsibilities of the commitments in
> the convention, which address ICT clearly!

While I share your point of view, I remind that the Feb 13 meeting is
mostly on process, not on substance - so I would keep our statement
focused on the matters of process that will be discussed there. However,
the discussion on which themes should be addressed at the IGF 2007 is
likely to come up, and on that point, if the caucus agrees, we might
want to suggest disabilities as one of them.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org